Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine
We have fully equipped center for Arthroscopy and sports medicine specialised in ligament reconstruction surgeries.
Our Arthroscopy surgeon Dr Abhay Narvekar has a vast experience and surgical expertise in Arthroscopic repair and reconstructions of injuries of the knee & shoulder.
Dr Narvekar is a senior orthopaedic and Arthroscopic surgeon practicing arthroscopic Surgery since 1983(36 years). He is one of the pioneers in the field of Arthroscopic surgery in India.He has performed almost 20,000 Arthroscopic surgeries till date including more than 10000 Arthroscopic ACL Reconstructions.He has an extensive experience in managing ligament injuries of the knee including ACL & PCL Reconstructions and Articular Cartilage Transplants using the Mosaicplasty technique. He has pioneered cadaveric training for Arthroscopy in various training workshops.
Dr Narvekar passed MBBS & MS(orthopedics) from KEM Hospital, Mumbai .After getting his formal training in Arthroscopic surgery in 1986 at Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, USA, he joined as a Lecturer and then an Asst. Professor in orthopedics at LTMG hospital, Sion Mumbai. He then worked as an Honorary Orthopedic surgeon and Head of Department of Orthopedics K B Bhabha Municipal General Hospital, Bandra Mumbai.
- P D Hinduja Hospital, Mahim , Mumbai,
- Global Hospital, Parel Mumbai
- Laud Cinic,Dadar,Mumbai
- Visiting Fellow with Dr Lanzlo Hangody for “Mosaicplasty”, Budapest,1999
- Visiting fellow ,Berne Hospital with Dr Andreas Staehlin for Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction,2001
- Visiting Fellow ,Insall, ScottKelly Institute for Sports Medicine, Beth Israel North Hospital NY, New York,1995
- Visiting Fellow, Hospital For Joint Diseases NY. NY.for Arthroscopic Surgery,1991
- Bilateral discoid medial menisci with abnormal attachment to the Anterior CruciateLigament–a case report: Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica 1999;
- Mucoid degeneration of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament, Feb 2004,
- Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and related surgery.
- An anatomic study of the popliteofibular ligament, International Orthopedics.
- Internal fixation of Thoraco-lumbar fractures, Indian Practitioner, July 1988
- Valgus Reduction in treatment of intracapsular fractures of the neck of femur: Clinical Orthopedic India:No.1 1987
- Knee Ligament Injuries in sports : Indian Practitioner: Dec 1988
- Scope of arthroscopy in sports :Indian Practitioner:Dec 1988
- “Mucoid degeneration of ACL”, Wiroc 2001
- “Cadaveric study of ACL insertion sites”, WIROC 1997
- Arthroscopic Arthrolysis, WIROC 1995
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction -Review of 25 cases, WIROC 1995
- Arthroscopic treatment for patellar subluxations, WIROC 1993-94
- Arthroscopy in the treatment of lateral condylar fractures, WIROC 1993-94
- Arthroscopy in Acute Knee Injuries, MSOA Jalgaon,1991-92
- 50 cases of spinal trauma: surgically treated, Madras 1988
- Internal Fixation of Thoraco-Lumbar Fractures, MSOA, Nagpur 1988
- “Internal Fixaton of Thoraco-Lumbar Fractures” a review of 35 cases, IOA, 1987
- “Scope of Arthroscopic Surgery”, Staff Research Society Meeting, LTMG 1987
- “Rolled Fence Rib Graft”, for Inter-body Fusion: Goa 1987
- Drug trial on the efficacy of Acetoaminophen/Ibuprofen combination
- “BoneScrew” Varanasi Conference.
- “Footwear” Nagpur conference 1984
- “Role of Arthroscopy in Intra-articular injuries”, WIROC, 1998-99
- “Arthroscopy in Lateral condylar Fractures”, MSOA 1997-98
- “Biomechanics of Spine” 1st. ASSI Conference, Bombay 1987-88
- Has held Arthroscopy workshops in Mumbai every year for the last eight years.
- Has held International Arthroscopy workshop, LTMG Hospital for WIROC,1993-1994.
- Convener, Arthroscopic Workshop, Dec 1997 as a pre-conference activity.
- Faculty member for Indian Arthroscopy Society meets for the last 5 yrs in succession.